This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using my link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. I only recommend products or services that I fully believe in and use myself! To read more,please click here.
Nevertheless, I needed to do something with all the used coffee grounds I was accumulating.
My solution? A Coffee Body Scrub. Coffee Scrubs are said to help reduce cellulite (I cannot confirm or deny). I do love how it brings moisture to my dry skin.
It is super easy to make and very customize-able. I used the oils I had on hand and voila, a delicious skin softening body scrub.
Note: I will not use measurements here because it all depends on how big your container is and your preferences on how much oil you would prefer in your scrub.
Here is how I did it:
- Dried Ground Coffee (so your scrub doesn’t mold from using wet coffee)
- Brown Sugar
- Carrier Oil (I had Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil hanging around)
- Pour out your dried coffee grounds into the container
- Mix in some brown sugar
- Add your oil until your scrub is the consistency that you like ( I find the combo of Jojoba Oil and Sweet Almond Oil to be very moisturizing)
- Here is my finished scrub (This is a small container. I get about 2 uses out of this size)
I would recommend using this in the shower for easier clean up and to be nicer to your drainage system.
I apply it and then let it dry for a little bit and then rinse it off.
Also, be sure to rinse your shower floor of the little bits of coffee grounds and be careful not to slip (the oils I used did not personally make my shower floor slippery but it may just be my shower floor or the nature of the oils. Nevertheless, be careful with what you make.)
I would love to try this using Coconut Oil, but I didn’t have any on hand
Let me know if you try it. Also, let me know if you use a different oil and how it turned out for you!
Have A Lovely Day!